Thursday, February 15, 2007
Valentine's Shmalentine's
I'm reading about everyone's Valentines Day, and I thought I would write a little something about mine (okay- a lot of something). I left the house for an hour on Tuesday night, and when I got home, Eli said "where's mom's card?" Needless to say, I ended up getting my card and present that night. I decided to give Joel his present later that night, and he said, "Why are you giving this to me now?" I said, "Because we don't really see each other in the mornings". Well- here's how the day went. I always get up at least a half hour before Joel (someone has to stay in the bed with Noah). I knew Joel was going into work a little early, but he got out of the shower and said, "I have to go", to which I replied, "I don't even get to take a shower?" He said, "Hurry up!" During my 5 second shower, Eli joined Noah in the bed, and as soon as I got out, Joel said, "Eli's with Noah; they're fine", and he left. As we're walking down the stairs, Grandma Cathy and Don are at the door with our Valentine's (which we loved very much). As I was giving Noah his bottle and changing his clothes, Eli ate a sucker and a KitKat. The next hour was a blur. Mom calling, kids coming, breakfast.... and yeah! Jennifer comes. I ran to Target to get our family pictures that were supposed to be in; found out they wouldn't be there until 3:00. Stopped at Walgreens to pick up pictures I had taken for parent Valentines; realized the pictures were too big for the frames. The boys all took pretty good naps which means I had a pretty good afternoon. When Joel got home from work, I went back to Target to get my pictures. They didn't come in which I was told never happens, so I left and got our fabulous Valentine dinner at Taco John's. Joel had basketball practice from 7-8. When he got home, I relaxed and watched One Tree Hill. I stayed up late to watch American Idol because it wasn't going to be on until 10:30- after the Iowa basketball game. I turned it to Fox at 10:30- no American Idol. Joel informs me that the basketball game wasn't on, so I missed American Idol. I went to bed with a headache, and it was still there when I woke up this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment