Saturday, July 11, 2009

Kid's Fishing Derby

This was the second year Eli, Noah, Drew, and Zach participated in the fishing derby on my parents' lake. Katelynn was a new addition, and she was so worried that she would miss it that she didn't sleep past 6:00 this morning. I said she is a mixture of her parents. She doesn't want to miss out on anything which comes from Craig's side of the family, and she gets SUPER excited about little things like her mom. She was so cute!!!
Katelynn was VERY happy with her 5 fish even if they weren't very big and her dad did the catching.
Noah didn't last very long. We took him back to G&G's after an hour.
Zach was the only one who actually fished most of the time.
Drew was content on Grandpa's lap!
Did I say this was a kids' fishing derby?
All of the kids who participate get prizes, and they are unreal! Noah and Eli both got fishing rods, life jackets, and a 12 pack of pop. Noah also got a tackle box and a pack of outdoor balls. Hopefully the kids will get better about actually fishing, and this will become an annual event for all of us!

1 comment:

Craig and Jen said...

I am laughing so hard at Katelynn's TINY fish! She was so proud even though it's the smallest fish I've ever seen! :)
PS. I am not missing out next year..looks like everyone had fun!