Sunday, May 23, 2010

2:36:29

was my official time in the Fargo Half Marathon yesterday. Never in a million years did I think that I would run more than 4 miles at a time. In November, Erin talked me in to training for 13.1. About 4 weeks ago, the outside of my right knee started bothering me every time I tried to run. I stayed off it all last week in hopes that I would be able to make it through the race. It started hurting around mile 2. By mile 8, I told Erin to go ahead without me (her time was 2:12:40, yay Erin!!), and I pretty much just walked the last 5 miles which made me crabby.
After the marathon, we went to my cousin's wedding which resulted in a late night for me. I'm sure that didn't contribute to me now having to walk with my leg straight to avoid the pain of bending my knee...I'll never learn.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Way to go Heidi! What an accomplishment.