Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!!! To all the wonderful mothers who read this forum, my very own mother Cathy, mother-in-law Connie, and my wonderful little mother/my wife/my everything Heidi. Her three boys(mainly me) prepared an omelet bar for made-to-order omelets and hash browns ready to go for her when she woke up. Eli gave her a really nice flower that he made in bible school this week. He was so excited as he has been keeping it a secret even from me all week! Noah is just glad he has his mommy to "hold you, hold you" all the time. I think our mommy is looking forward to a long day of shopping! (BTW...another strange ND tradition...all retail stores cannot open legally until noon on Sundays...even the 24x7 Fargo Super WalMart closes from 10:00 pm on Saturday until noon Sunday...this place just keeps getting stranger as I get deeper into the culture...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ranks right up there with the sweetest blog post I've ever read...

Unknown said...

Seriously, Joel...you do now how to make a girl cry! :) Happy Mother's Day Heidi! Hope you got some good shopping in today!

Heidi said...

not only did I go shopping this afternoon, but I also went to a movie with Jen, Rachel and Penny tonight. While I was gone, Joel put kids to bed, did laundry (without being asked) and fixed something for me (without being asked). Someone is going for the husband of the year award!