Friday, April 03, 2009

There is a reason people use the drive thru

We had a very fun playdate with Jack and Ella yesterday. On the way home, I was talked in to eating INSIDE McDonalds. I remember the days when the boys could get one happy meal, we could throw the box out, and the boys could "share" the toy (that is if I didn't throw it out with the box). Yeah....First, Eli cried because he didn't get the exact toy he wanted. Then, I couldn't get him to eat until he read the entire happy meal box. Noah (who is always a great eater until we "go out" to eat) took two bites and declared he was done. By the time Eli was ready to eat, Noah was crawling around on the freshly mopped floor. Therefore, we ended up taking most of Eli's meal to go anyway. The happy meal theme right now is for the movie "Monsters vs Aliens". On the box was a punch out eye from one of the monsters. The directions were to punch it out, wet it, and put it on your forehead. Well, it's cardboard, so it only stays on for a few seconds. Eli was sure he needed this thing stuck to his head, so I found some photo stickers to keep it in place. We talked him into taking it off at bedtime last night, but as soon as he woke up, we had to find more stickers. When we went to the movie store this morning, Eli didn't understand why I let Noah go with just a hood, and he had to wear a hat.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ah yes, the joys of eating out. Welcome to my world (HA)! You need a girl so they can fight over whether they get girl or boy toys in their meals...Grace threw a HUGE fit when she got a boy toy once. That eye totally cracks me up :)!